Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Three reasons to rejoice on this day in 2006

1. Another study finds coffee isn't bad for you or your heart. I love these findings, even though I have an arrythmia that can be pretty serious if I glug coffee and get stressed out. Luckily, I gave up stress months ago. So, glug away!

2. Wes Anderson is in an American Express commercial, and it's pretty great. You'll also see he's got his Rushmore alumnus with him. The bayonet is my favorite part.

3. They Might Be Giants are in a Dunkin Donuts commercial (actually, a few of them), and they're pretty great. Who else could pull off lyrics so seemingly inane? It's part of some manifest destiny march by Dunkin Donuts across the continent. I was flabbergasted to learn that California natives had never heard of it. Of course, they have In-N-Out.

1 comment:

Griner said...

That's just the famous In-N-Out hazing to keep away unworthy initiates. Did you try telling them about your portable flatulance?

If you do go back...and yes, I admit, it's a slow beast with an inappropriate name (for a few reasons) ... get a double cheeseburger "animal style." Oh man....so good.