Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My talk with the Swampers.

It's that time of the month again....time to show you the new video clips from The Year of Alabama Arts.

This time, I have to say, it's probably the coolest set yet. These are from my interview with two members of the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section. They're the ones Lynyrd Skynyrd referred to in "Sweet Home Alabama" when they said, "Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers."

The Swampers are studio musicians who recorded and played on everything from Aretha Franklin's "Respect" to Skynyrd's "Free Bird." Despite all their success, they are still wonderful, humble guys. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!

Andrea said...

I had no idea that line was in Sweet Home Alabama. I must have made up something else when I sang it :)