Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The house just isn't the same without her.


For those who haven't heard, we lost a beloved family member today.

Our younger cat, Callie, recently suffered sudden kidney failure. Today, we learned that all the vet's best efforts over the past four days were having little effect, and Callie's condition was bound to take a turn for the worse. So we put her to sleep just before noon today.

I'm not sure what to write about. The intense grief of losing a healthy 7-year-old cat? The anger we feel that it might have been caused by contaminated food that was never recalled? Or on the upbeat side, the fact that Callie's adoption in 2000 was the first good excuse I came up with to visit Karen's apartment back when I had a crush on her?

How about I just say this:

She was wonderful, and I miss her very much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about Callie. It is very sweet that she was part of your early dating history though.

Luckymom said...

My heart breaks for the both of you. Don't let anyone trivialize your loss, she was a member of your family. I am so sorry.

JH said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Andrea said...

We recently lost Cassie too. I'm so sorry. I will miss my honorary "niece."

Lots of love,
Aunt Andrea