Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good news and (kinda) bad news.


Bad news first. If you haven't heard, my scrappy little VW Golf was rear-ended at high speed the other day, with me inside. I was waiting for a turn arrow on Lakeshore Drive when a guy clipped my rear-right corner and ripped the wheel off the axle.

It's only "kinda bad news" because of three things. 1. I wasn't hurt, other than a little soreness for a few days. 2. Neither Karen nor the baby was in the car. 3. I wanted a new car anyway.

Insurance has promptly totaled the VW and cut me a check for almost exactly what I bought the car for a few years back. (Well, it'll be equal once I get my $1,000 deductible back in a few months.) Now I get to go car shopping. Thinking a larger hatchback or a smaller SUV like Karen's Honda CRV. Let me know if you hear about anything.

The good news is, I've got a new job. A month or so back, my boss and I started getting serious about planning a full-time social media gig for me, and now it's culminated in the creation of our first-ever Social Media Strategist.

I'll still be doing quite a bit of writing, but I'll also be planning ways for the agency and our clients to better use emerging technologies and trends like mobile applications, social networking, micro-blogging and so on. To avoid boring most of you, I'll leave that stuff to my other blog.

4 comments:

AV Flox said...

I'm really glad you weren't hurt and that some good has come out of this! I hope you will keep us posted on your shopping!

AV
http://twitter.com/avflox
http://omgomgomfg.com

Kim said...

I'm glad you're ok and a big congrats about the job! I'm proud of you baby brother.

Andrea said...

First, I am so glad yu weren't hurt! Second, congrats on the new job title! Third, I drive a Subaru outback and love it. It looks more like an SUV than a station wagon these days, gets pretty good gas milage and has plenty of room for the family and all the stuff we have to lug arround now that we have a kid :)

Andrea

Cohny said...

And you're accepting job applications from other social-networking masters (ahem, me) when?