Thursday, January 12, 2006

A little more fallout

Some stiff defensiveness today at Barnes and Noble as fans of "Million Little Pieces" stood up for embattled fiction/memoir author James Frey. I wasn't too surprised...as I mentioned in my last post, it's easy to feel that way until you read the Smoking Gun article.

Here are a few more fun follow-up links:

The last-minute letter from Frey's attorney, hoping to kill the story. It includes a bizarre warning that putting the letter on the TSG Web site would be a violation of the copyright act. That's a new one on me...and the repercussions of such a legal precedent would be staggering.

Also, someone on Fark.com linked to this hilarious review from an American writer at a Moscow paper.

And yes, yes, I promise this is my last Frey post. If this blog is ever going to have a focus, I don't want it to be this.

No comments: