Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surely someone's tried it.

OK, don't ask why, but today I'm obssessing over a strange culinary question: Why don't you ever see fried hamburgers?

It just seems like a common-sense way to wreak havoc on your digestive system. I mean, it seems that if you breaded a hamburger patty and fried it in hot oil, it would have to be disgustingly good. Or would it just trap all the grease inside and get all nasty?

Has anyone tried this? If not, how would you do it? What do you think it would be like?

(And yes, I Googled it, but the only recipes were for lightly floured "Chicken Fried Hamburger" that was really just sauteed/seared. I'm talking about serious frying here.)

4 comments:

Griner said...

Well sure, it would need to be breaded. Mmm....

Greg said...

As only a semi-Huntsvillian I'm not surprised you didn't venture down to the 5 points area in northern Huntsville for a Zesto burger. This thing, I'm kidding you not, was basically a meat patty shaped into a ball, on a stick, dipped in corndog batter, and deep fried. Damn tasty.

Greg said...

btw....I just unpacked my deep fryer and this looks like something we need to create. Prunway night fried hamburger spheres, anyone?

Griner said...

Oh sweet baby jesus, Greg. That sounds awesome! The corndog batter put it over the top. We are so doing this. Next week Prunway? (A week from tomorrow?)