Friday, November 18, 2005

Good thing I like making coffee

Well, I heard back from Athens, and it wasn't good news.

I have to say, I'm not as crushed as I might have been a few months back. Yes, it makes our future even more uncertain, but we've had a great time in Birmingham these past two weeks, and we are seriously talking about staying.

There are a few job openings of interest here. Birmingham is home to the Southern Progress magazine empire, and Karen's thinking about getting a job with Blue Cross (where my sister works) to help with the benefits while we look for dream jobs.

Thankfully, the cafe gig is going well, and it will at least help cover the cost of our Christmas shopping. I have to say, at least I've reached my goal of having a job where I'm excited to go into work again.

No comments: