Thursday, November 10, 2005

What, me work?

Two small bits of job news. Bowing to the pressure of my readers, I dropped off an application at the coffee shop this afternoon. I asked about openings, and the kid behind the counter said, "If you worked here, you'd be a manager." He hadn't even looked at the application I handed him. I guess not a lot of 28-year-olds apply to be baristas.

In a potentially bigger update, I got a call from the Poughkeepsie, N.Y., newspaper about an assistant city editor position. It's a bit far north for me, and probably not too affordable, but you never know. In case you want a bit more information about the town and paper, read this. The editor had already left when I tried calling back, so I'll get ahold of him tomorrow. If nothing else, it's always good to have people interested for leverage, right?

More soon as job stuff develops. Soon I'll tell you about my exciting new plan to escape debt forever.

No comments: