Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm thinking it's a sign...



Two interesting things about a new UPS ad campaign, which features a guy doodling things on a white background as he explains the benefits of blah blah blah.

1. The guy is actually the creative director who pitched the idea. This would be like me being hired to do a voice-over for something I've written. It's not unheard of, but it's obscenely rare. AdFreak has some details on how this came about.

2. Check out the music playing on the campaign's Web site. That was just a nice surprise. If you've checked it out and don't recognize it, then you obviously aren't spending enough time listening to me and my brother-in-law playing music in his basement. Oh, and you can watch the video here.

3 comments:

Jerry Hinnen said...

It strikes me as more than a little ironic that UPS is using the music of a band named after one of their chief competitors. It's like Pepsi doing a commercial with a band called "The Coke Squad" or something.

I'm the guy you met at Greg and Val's that night, btw.

Griner said...

Yeah, someone pointed that out on the AdFreak thread. I kinda wonder if they were trying to beat the USPS to the punch and keep them from being able to use that song later. Um, I guess they could still use The District Sleeps Alone...

Griner said...

Oh, and hey, welcome to the cafe!