Monday, December 05, 2005

Killin time

I'm homebound today with a wicked cold, but it could definitely be worse. I could be Jonas, who spent a good chunk of Saturday morning throwing up blood (and proving once and for all that he was the dog that ate the bottle of pain pills), or I could be these poor bastards.

Jonas is fine now, in case you're concerned. The vet is pretty sure he'll avoid long-term liver damage. That bowl of bourbon we give him to help sleep every night probably won't help in the long run, though.

So as I try to find a way to kill time today, I figure I'd share some good Internet pastimes:
  • The Perry Bible Fellowship - This PG-13 comic appears in some alternative newspapers (including, impressively, Birmingham's). Not all are that hilarious, but every once in a while there's a big winner. Scroll down to Lord Gloom and Schlorbians Again for two of my favorites.
  • The Secret Satan video - In case you didn't see it when it was posted on fark.com. Gets the holidays started right. It's long, but be patient. There's a nice little breakdown scene near the end.
  • The hockey name generator - Were I to pick up the stick professionally (um, you know what I mean) then apparently I would be called "Bob McGrinerchuck" (if Canadian) or Denis La Grinereau (if French-Canadian). What about you?

1 comment:

Karen said...

If Russian: Commie Grinerov
Canadian: Dougie McGrinerson
French-Canadian: Patrick La Grinerieux
Or if I used my maiden name:
Russian: Slava Balsleyov
Canadian: Gordie McBalsleyson
French-Canadian: Pierre La Balsleyeau