Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I give 'BloodRayne' four stars. Now please don't hurt me.

So, I can't say I believed this at first, but I suppose this proves it's real.

The setup: "Director" Uwe Boll, who made such cinematic masterpieces as "House of the Dead" (based on a video game) and "BloodRayne" (also based on a video game), challenged his detractors to a boxing match. He selected five finalists and then literally beat the snot out of them in a Canadian boxing ring.

Here's the footage of him beating down on Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka, who runs the site Something Awful. Below that, be sure to read the quote from Kyanka.



Kyanka's quote, from a Canadian article:

"I feel great. I feel like a very angry German man punched me in the head repeatedly," said the 30-year-old CEO for the Something Awful website.
"He kept saying it was PR stunt and a joke, but then he comes on just murderizing me. I want to have more kids someday, so I just said, 'I'm not going to stay in here and keep getting punched in the head.' "


Thanks to Claypits for letting me know about this...um...thing.

4 comments:

Christian said...

Nice. I watched the "fights" live, and it was pretty obvious that none of the participants expected that Uwe Boll was actually going to try to beat the living crap out of them.

Bill said...

SomethingAwful has Lowtax's account of it today. Evidently Boll didn't call him out, he contacted Boll and volunteered....because he is stupid.

Griner said...

Here's the plan:
Next time a Boll movie comes out (he's currently making Far Cry and Dungeon Siege movies...seriously, he is), Bill writes a nasty review. I'll publish it here, since Boll hates blogs. Then Bill contacts him about some fisticuffs.

This is going to be awesome.

Bill said...

I don't know.... Lowtax not only said he was a german boxer, but he was a GERMAN boxer. The capitalization seemed to be important to him after his skull rattling.