Saturday, July 16, 2005

Some exciting news

I'm trying to keep my excitement in check, but I did get an e-mail today from one of the top editors at the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, asking if I'd like to come out and interview in late August.

For those of you outside journalism circles, the Pilot is largely considered one of the best newspapers in the country, if not the world. What's great for me is that it's known for its highly visual, intelligent design, and it's the lead design editor who wants to interview me.

The situation's a bit different for me. I've never interviewed without really having a job opening ... she just thinks I'd be a good fit, and they have a few openings coming up.

In a nice twist, Karen heard from a magazine in Norfolk that wants her to free-lance if we move out there. Things seem to be falling into place.

So I'll keep you all posted, but I wanted to let you in on the news.

1 comment: