Thursday, November 29, 2007

The look that made Jonas a Griner.


We finally got a decent photo the other day for our Christmas card, and when I saw Jonas' expression, it seemed familiar. Eventually, it hit me. It looked almost identical to the photo taken at the pound in California.

On the left, you can see the original photo that ran on a rescue group's adoption page. I was actually just visiting the page to ensure I was printing the Web address correctly in our newspaper's weekly Adopt-a-Pet feature. Jonas (actually called Wally at that point), was at the top of the page, and I was smitten right away.

Obviously, the Christmas card photo is on the right. Three years have elapsed between the two shots, but Joe still knows how to fire up the charm on occasion. (Especially if the cameraman -- my dad in this case -- makes a weird noise right before the shot.)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I thought you were probably exaggerating how alike those pictures were, but that's pretty dead on.

Andrea said...

Just wait until he teaches that look to the baby, then you guys are in for it! Try saying no to that.