Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Stroke of culinary genius



Trying to decide last night what the theme should be for our small monthly supper club, we came up with a great idea.

Someone mentioned going with fusion, and we decided to randomly draw country names and then create a dish that joined the two. The results were, of course, cuh-lassic.

Karen and I are responsible for a dessert that's Greek-Filipino. My sister's entree will be Ethioppean-Mexican. Other combos included Turkish-Japanese and Spanish-Indian.

Personally, I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'll post photos.

Feel free to make any recommendations on how we could pull this off.

5 comments:

Christian said...

I miss our Iron Chef cookoffs. =(

Greek and Filipino are two cuisines I don't know much about, unfortunately.

Griner said...

Greek desserts are already pretty tough...lots of phyllo dough layers and such. I can't imagine this will be easy, but it should create new dishes in the vein of Iron Chef.

vo0do0chile said...

hmm... filipino/greek dessert. how about GALATABOUREKO
with Champorado or Palm Sugar Custards
instead of the custard in the bourklaskhsldkhseoi recipe.

vo0do0chile said...

spanish indian... i would say paella with indian spices

Griner said...

My favorite line from the Galataboureko recipe posted by Vo0 above...

"It's like eating a Peanut Butter Cup for breakfast! "

* Holds stomach, ponders Peanut Butter Puffins he ate this morning....*