Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Great news for car lovers and Motown fans.



I've been working on new Mercedes materials for a while now, and we finally got our outdoor billboards up to replace the stale ones near the factory off I-59 here in central Alabama.

For the sake of disclosure, I must admit I didn't actually write the headline. It came out of days of brainstorming with the designer, who was hesitant to even mention it as an idea because he thought I would laugh at it. But I loved it, our boss loved it, and the client loved it. So there you go.

We have a few more boards going up at the plant, so I might post more.

Oh, and the point of the ad is that the local plant is now making three models, including the new flagship GL-Class. If you're not familiar with the Alabama Mercedes plant, it's been a huge catalyst for economic development since coming to the state about 10 years ago. We now have three major automakers in Alabama, literally contributing billions of dollars in economic impact.

1 comment:

JH said...

Yes, we Michiganians know too well that the automobile industry is moving south. But as a DaimlerChrysler girl (put through school by the Lee Iacocca, Dieter & Friends), I really enjoy the ads.