Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Let us all point and snicker at each other's cinematic tastes.


There's been a dramatic dearth of comments in the Cafe lately, so I'm putting the onus soundly on you guys. I'm skipping town for a brief business trip, and when I return, I demand to see some feedback.

Here's your fodder:

Post the next five movies in your Netflix queue. Don't include the ones you currently have at home. Oh, and feel free to opine on my choices or those of your fellow commenters.

Don't have Netflix? Just list the next few movies you want to see.

Me:

1. Thank You for Smoking

2. Kiki's Delivery Service

3. LoudQUIETloud: A Film About the Pixies

4. Harakiri

5. Wordplay

BTW, the highest-rated DVDs in my queue are the first discs of Prison Break Season 1 and Dead Like Me Season 2, both tied at 4.5 stars. Lowest-rated is Superman Returns at 3 stars.

OK, your turn.

5 comments:

Christian said...

My next five Netflix DVD's:

1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Nope, still haven't seen it.

2. Bjork: Volumen - Bjork makes some crazy good videos.

3. Clerks 2 - Didn't see it the two weeks it was in theaters, but I've heard it's almost as good as the original.

4. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Heard it was decent, and I like Kevin Spacey.

5. Miracle - I watch one sports movie per decade. Slap Shot, then The Mighty Ducks, and now this.

Griner said...

I enjoyed "Midnight" as a book, and the movie was fine. It just bugged me that the book takes place over a decade, while the movie compresses everything to a few weeks.

As for Hitchhiker's, I thought John Malkovich really made that flick, but Sam Rockwell was surprisingly good. (I always thought of him as the working man's Ed Norton.) Now I think he should play the lead singer of the Flaming Lips.

Greg said...

Clerks 2 - not as good as the original. Kevin Smith needs to just stop.

Our next 5 movies:

- The OH in Ohio
- The Devil Wears Prada
- The Illusionist
- Extras, Season 1, Disc 1
- This Film Is Not Yet Rated

Emily said...

No Netflix. Boo.

Next five movies:

1. The Big Sleep (per your recommendation and my newfound love for oldies)

2. Babel

3. Volver (don't know when these last two will come out exactly though)

4. Good Night and Good Luck

5. The Squid and the Whale

Unknown said...

I guess I'm the only person here without a Netflix account. So, I'll have to settle for DVDs I want to see:

1. Beerfest. This was on the Xbox Live Marketplace in standard def, but an HD version's supposed to come out soon. It'll be my first video rental via Xbox Live.

2. Nacho Libre. I'm also waiting for an HD version of this.

3. Battlestar Galactica. Seasons one through whatever.

4 - 5. I dunno. I don't really keep up with DVD releases.

Now, I think Clerks 2 was a great movie. Don't feel ashamed about watching it, Chris. You will probably laugh your whole ass off. I also watched Thank You For Smoking. I heartily recommend it. And, of course, Extras is top notch. The new season has just started, so get HBO and watch it! Or BitTorrent it, I suppose.