Monday, July 24, 2006

Jonas=Clint Eastwood with a spoon and a lot of time

Battling through sickness and foul weather, I reinforced our fence this weekend ... only to find Jonas standing in our front yard when we got home an hour later. Appears he's figured out a way to jump off an old stump and over the fence at the opposite end of the yard from where I was working.

We've admitted defeat and will likely be getting some sort of dog run while we save up to install a wood fence like the one that kept him contained at my sister's house for the past nine months.

But maybe there's a way to capitalize on my misfortune. This site is collecting video of animals escaping their confines. The goal is to use some of the footage for a wireless phone ad. Or something. But I have to say, after watching the videos already posted there, maybe Jo's not as impressive as I thought.

Ps, big props to my mother-in-law for helping turn our ocean o' boxes into an actual house-looking thing. Thanks to her visit this weekend, we got the bathroom repainted, the old laundry machines ousted, and most of the rooms organized. I've got a few before-and-after pictures to share soon, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Luckymom said...

Tell me if you find a similar website for children. I think my 2-year-old son must have believed he could escape naptime a la Steve McQueen by ripping off strips of wallpaper from his bedroom wall, why else would he do it?

I hope you are feeling better and that your 2-year-old limits his escape plans to those that are less destructive toward your new home!!!