Monday, July 03, 2006

Even more good news? Oh yeah.

Wait, didn't I sell my soul to the corporate devil exactly so I wouldn't have to do things like work the Monday before a Tuesday holiday? *sigh*

Anyway, I was so excited about the house the other day, I forgot to share the other big news. Karen got a job! Actually, she got two...on the same day.

She'll be doing fund development type stuff for The Junior League of Birmingham, which is the "dream job" she's been after for months. So that was great news. Also, she'll be doing some part-time work at Pottery Barn, and we'll probably just dump her earnings right back into her discount at the store.

So be sure to congratulate Karen if you get a chance. It took a lot of patience and hard work to land the job, and I'm obviously proud of her.

In other weird house news, we'll apparently be moving in sooner than expected. The owner wasn't supposed to be out for 10 days or so, but he has since called back and said he'll be out today. Yeah, today. So we might spend our holiday painting a bathroom tomorrow! Woohoo!

OK, back to work. Hope the rest of you are having a nice day off or a quiet day of unappreciated effort.

No comments: