Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Moving? A piece of advice...

Don't use Two Men and a Truck.

I don't have many powers to flex when folks anger me, but I have this blog. So thanks for letting me feel like I actually can do harm to those who trespass against me.

(If you must know, they padded a two-hour job into a five-hour job, and their manager told me today -- a week after I complained -- that he hasn't had time to complete his "investigation." Apparently it takes a Warren Commission to ask two guys if they were being lazy.)

2 comments:

Griner said...

If you need help, just let me know. I'll tell Emily to come out there for you.

Christian said...

I had a similar experience with them. They were six hours late to the job, and then throughout the course of a three-hour move took two 20-minute "breaks" that they tried to charge me for. They also claimed that the driving time from Riverchase to our apartment in Hoover was over 30 minutes (you can make it in five with no traffic).

The manager I talked to was a gigantic prick about the whole thing. He wouldn't even apologize for the six hours I sat around a boxed up apartment waiting for them to show up -- "the time we give is just an estimate".

Next time, go with People Movers, the guys in the "pride purple" trucks. I've heard good things about them.