Friday, June 30, 2006

Ah....back to sweet, sweet debt.

So I honest-to-God own a house now. Crazy.

We closed today, handing over a big fat check that empties the savings we spent the last year (and then some) accumulating. Of course, I get a big fat asset that will probably appreciate freakishly well in the coming years.

All in all, I'm damn excited about this.

The only surprise today was that the owner wants to move out even sooner than we thought. He'll be out on Monday, July 11. That's roughly a week early. So that means we get another week to clean, prep, maybe even paint the fugly bathroom.

Well, there was one other surprise. Turns out, we're only the third owners. The builder decided not to move in when it was finished in 1957, so he sold it to a woman who lived there right up until three years ago. Then the current owner bought it from her. That probably explains why it's in such great condition...I doubt she put many miles on it.

Right, well, I'm off to enjoy holiday weekend festivities (although I have to be back at work on Monday, so it's not much of a holiday weekend). Hope you all have a great few days.

No comments: