Thursday, June 01, 2006

Want good news? Tough.

Well, I suppose there is some good news, in that my knee surgery recovery is going smoothly. I've been bonding with the Xbox and catching up on some reading. It looks like I'll be able to hobble to work tomorrow.

but...

1. We're not buying that house I got everyone so excited about. A foundation guy said it needs more than $45,000 worth of work and that it looks like the current owner tried to cover up signs of water damage. So we're officially out of our contract tomorrow. Luckily, it hasn't been hard finding homes in our price range, and we're definitely more prepared this time around.

2. The surgeon found signs of arthritis in my knee when he went in to repair the meniscus. I'm not sure what this means for me, but he previously had referred to it as a bad, bad thing. I'll be going in for a follow-up next week, and I assume he'll tell me what I should expect. My physical therapist said it's often a sign that a full knee replacement isn't too many years off. Ugh.

Don't worry, I'm not too bummed out by this double whammy of news. Karen and my sister have been taking great care of me, and this recovery process has helped show what a great situation I'm in. That said, a new house and a few good knees wouldn't be so bad, either.

No comments: