Monday, November 06, 2006

A brief architectural field trip.


My dad and I drove out Sunday to find the little-known Wallace House, designed by modernist architect Paul Rudolph, whom I recently profiled for our ongoing state arts project. This house in Athens, Ala., is one of his relatively few pieces in Alabama, where Rudolph was trained at Auburn.

Click here to see the gallery of our photos from the house.

As far as I know, these are the only photos on the Internet of the Wallace House. I could never get any hits from Google or any of the Rudolph sites. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think the people living there might be even more weirded out by me knocking on the front door seeking shelter after the zombie outbreak. Because that house is where I will be headed.

Griner said...

No one was home when I got there, but yes, I think it's occupied.