Thursday, November 30, 2006

Get your objectivism on....film!

Oh yes, it's finally happening.

Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged is being made into a movie.

Now full disclosure before I make fun of this: I haven't read Atlas Shrugged. I read and loved Fountainhead but just never got around to Rand's other mega-hit. Maybe I'll just wait for the movie! (Please don't hit me.)

Did any of you see the movie version of Fountainhead? I quite liked it. Of course, it had Gary Cooper...and the screenplay was actually written by Ayn Rand.

Maybe we'll have such luck this time. Hmm....let's see who's writing the Atlas Shrugged screenplay... Oh. It's the guy who wrote "The Man in the Iron Mask" and "Pearl Harbor."

OK, no luck there. Maybe they'll get today's equivalent of Gary Cooper or Patricia Neal...



Well there you go.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I rather enjoyed the basic plot of AS, but I think Ayn Rand was in desperate need of a good editor.

Griner said...

Brangelina update from Wikipedia:

Film rights to the novel Atlas Shrugged were purchased by the Baldwin Entertainment Group in 2003. Lions Gate Entertainment has picked up worldwide distribution rights; James V. Hart has written the first draft two-part screenplay, and his screenplay is now being fully developed by writer-director Randall Wallace; Angelina Jolie has been confirmed to play the role of Dagny Taggart, and Brad Pitt is rumored to be cast as John Galt. Both are fans of Rand's works.