Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hey look....art!

I might have mentioned to some of you that I've been driving all over the state, interviewing musicians, artists and scholars for the Year of Alabama Arts. Well, now some of that work is finally online!

Our long-developed Year of Alabama Arts Web site launched the other day. (Click here, then click on the Year of Arts logo on the right to launch the site.)

I wrote pretty much all the copy except event info and the short artist-submitted bios. My main project has been the featured artists. Each month, the state focuses on one person (living or dead). I write the full-length bios and interview the person or an academic (if the artist is dead). You'll see video clips from the interviews on the site.

Be sure to back and click on the "October" tab to see the featured artist bio on Paul Rudolph, an architect educated in Alabama. He was an interesting guy, but the site launched Oct. 31, so not too many people will get to see it.

No comments: