Monday, November 27, 2006

If only this sentiment were more common.

Poking around on a work project that referenced Samford University, I found this portion of an inauguration speech given by new Samford President Andrew Westmoreland.

"I believe our Christianity is no excuse for a lack of scholarship. Instead, our faith should move us to the highest standards for excellence. And in that search for excellence, we do not fear the discovery of any truth, because all truth is God's truth."

Just a great quote, that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That does sound pretty good. I didn't even consider applying there because of the whole Moral Council freaky thing. I didn't even drink at the time, but I didn't like the idea of encouraging spying on other students to ensure "moral" behavior.

That really had very little to do with the quote though. Good quote.