Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hey, the job exists...

Well, there are a few little updates on the job front. The managing editor I interviewed with in Virginia has been promoted to editor, which I assume is good news for me. We seemed to share a lot of the same ideas on where journalism is headed. Also, an editor I had a great chat with out there got promoted to the managing editor spot.

Also, they finally got around to posting an announcement about the job I was being looked at for. It basically just said they're adding a news editor spot to oversee the wire editors and make the big calls late in the night (do we scrub in a late-breaking story, are the headlines good enough, etc.).

Obviously, I'll keep you all posted. I should be hearing back in the coming weeks, at least to be told what's next. I might still need to fly back out there, or at least do some follow-up interviews over the phone.

Oh, and if you don't care about any of that, here's a cool preview of Civ 4. It sounds like they've put a lot of work into the multiplayer...which I doubt I'll ever use. Oh well, still sounds cool.

1 comment:

Griner said...

You know, you could just take my job here...they say that sports writer to city editor is a natural evolution.