Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wait, yes, another job update

Sounds like they'll be flying me out back to Virginia in October for a final round of interviews, assuming I make the cut of the final three candidates. That sounds like pretty good odds, though. I also got an e-mail from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution asking me to send them an application for a section editor position they have open. A friend of a friend there had put in a word for me. So that puts me in pretty good shape for some job negotiations.

OK, I promise not to make this a Griner job update board...but it's obviously eating a lot of my mental energy lately. I just want some sense of finality on where we're headed, and when. It's making it tough to plan for holidays or even weekend trips, since I don't know when or if I'll be flying for an interview or moving. But hey, I'm in better shape than I was a few months ago.

Oh, and if you haven't heard Ambulance LTD, give them a shot. I've been pretty addicted to their debut album recently. Hard to describe the sound, but there are clips on their site.

No comments: