Friday, April 28, 2006

Hurry and read it before she gives into the allure of bean farming


You know I'm reluctant to throw around blog links, but some just deserve a big fat nod.

Today's is the travel diary of my good friend Brittany, aka Sadiebelle on Cafe Asteria. Brittany is noodling around South America, apparently now in Colombia. She's that rare kind of friend, where you don't mind if she ends an e-mail with "hope all is well... i am in the jungle right now and the weather is sweltering."

I'm tremendously excited that Brittany is blogging, especially since she provides a good place to check out whenever I feel that my humble Europe-Russia trip just isn't practical.

While I knew that her blog would have great writing and anecdotes, it's already provided a few little gems, like the note she got from a newspaper editor in South America about her grad-school plans: "The university is the tomb not the womb. Get out and do something. Plant some corn. Hoe some beans. Learn about life."

So check it out and join me in saying, "Good job, Brittany. Now get some damn photos up already."

PS, Britt's blog from her trip to Uganda for my old paper is still online and worth checking out, too. Her stories from our "Friends to the Forgotten" special section are there, and the blog entries are on the right.

No comments: