Thursday, April 20, 2006

I suppose it would be bad if I started watching now...


You know how somtimes it feels that if you watch your favorite sports team in a pivotal game, they're more inclined to lose?

Well, apparently, if you stop paying attention to them altogether for a few years, things really start looking up. The Detroit Red Wings thus seem destined for greatness this year. They apparently have the best team since I started following them in their prime years of the late 1990s.

Sometimes I feel bad that I don't make time to watch Red Wings hockey. If it's on, I watch, but that's about it. Truth be told, it's just not that great watching even the best teams on TV. Seeing the Red Wings in person twice made for some of my favorite memories, whether it was from high up in the aging Joe Lewis (thanks, Kare!) or a few rows back from the glass at the swank San Jose arena (thanks, Kare's dad!).

Oh well. Maybe when I have a house of our own, with a nice recliner parked near a nice TV, I can bring back my college weekend lifestyle of hot hockey action, cold beer, and occasional naps during the pass-pass-pass-turnover periods.

For now, good luck, Wingers. I'll be with you in spirit.

No comments: