Friday, April 07, 2006

10 months, 100 posts....I'm so lazy


Egads, people. We've reached an honest-to-god benchmark! CafeAsteria has now had 100 posts, all by little old me.

When I launched this bad boy last year, my goal was just to create an easy way for me to keep family and friends posted on the increasingly unpredictable question of what was happening with me and Karen. Obviously, we were in California at the time, and we were both ready to move along with our lives. But where would we end up? Oh, the drama! But, you know, the answer's Birmingham.

Yes, given its humble origins, I didn't expect this blog to become an international sensation racking up thousands of hits a day.

And thank goodness, that never happened.

My patronage still seems to be our loyal friends and family, several of whom now read my posts days after taking part in the actual events being described. It's like reality TV ... with a REALLY SLOW lagtime. Wait, don't reality shows generally have a lagtime of six months or so before airing? Heck, I'm way ahead of schedule, then.

So how am I celebrating? Would you believe we're going to fly to Spain's Costa De Morta to visit the real Cafe Asteria? No? That'd be nice, though. It's the one pictured up top.

Or maybe the tourist-packed Cafe Asteria on the Greek island of Poros? Nah.

Instead I'll just paste in my first-ever blog post for nostalgic effect. Thanks for reading, folks.


Let's get brewin

Here's the plan. The best way to write more is to force myself, and what better way then to push myself out onto the virtual ledge of the blogging world? Thus, I'm kicking off Cafe Asteria.

What you won't find here: Political rambling, angst-ridden poetry, a flurry of links to other blogs.

What you will find: Some random thoughts, some fun new things to think about, and probably some recipes. For my friends and family, it'll be an easy way to stop in and see what I'm up to. For everyone else, it will be a momentary break from a Web world that always seems itchin for a fight.

So here goes.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

It's always good to look back and see what you've done in the past. Looks like you've had a good run so far. Great pics!