Thursday, August 17, 2006

I might draw the line at primal screaming.

Not to linger on work with two posts in a row, but...

Sometimes it bugs me that I'm in a cubicle, when every other writer (even the part-time guy who's only here once a week or less) has a window office. But today I was reminded how lucky I actually am. I visited a fella who's clustered among a bunch of cubicles, and he was getting chided by a nieghbor for tapping his fingers on the desk.

Cut to me, off in my own cubicle away from civilization, tapping my feet loudly for about five minutes while I hum the old Ghosts and Goblins theme song (thanks to my brother-in-law, who's randomly decided to master it on guitar). I watch obscure commercials in the name of work, I read my radio scripts out loud (and brilliantly in character), and I often kick the metal wall of my cube just because it makes a cool bass-drum sound.

So yes, my situation could definitely be worse. How's your work space?

2 comments:

Christian said...

I share a cube with three other people. Annoying habits have never caused any problems, since we all tend to wear headphones throughout the day. The only time I get annoyed is when the guy next to me blasts awful hair metal and broadway soundtracks (seriously, those are the only two genres he seems to listen to) -- you can hear the noise bleeding from his headphones all the way across the building.

Today there was a problem with our overhead flourescent lighting, which our facilities people decided to troubleshoot by flipping the lights on and off repeatedly for nearly two hours. Fun times.

Greg said...

I share my office with two other people. Everything is jhunky dory, though sometimes I feel like they are watching me when I goof off by playing zombie games in the middle of the workday.

claypits: I hear pictures of me brighten up any dull office wall. Give it a try!