Monday, August 14, 2006

Man, it takes me forever to turn 29.

Had a nice, big, overly fed weekend at my parents' lakehouse to celebrate my birthday (which is actually today, but who can celebrate anything on Mondays?). Big thanks to whoever had Samuel L. Jackson call my cell phone to invite me to Snakes on a Plane. I liked the personalized touches, like him telling me to skip work at my "stupid ad agency" and "stop waxing your big bald head" long enough to go see the movie. I'm promptly sending on my own version to my boss' phone.

Discovered this weekend that Jonas cannot leave a kayak unattended in the lake. That's good news for us when we're looking to exhaust him. You simply hop in friend Dawn's kayak and paddle around lazily, while he huffs behind you for the full length of your trip. Strangely, he's been asleep since we got home from the lake. But he's woken up a few times to throw up random things he ate during his lake travels. Yay!

Got some great swag from my friends, but the biggy was an MP3 player for my car, from my parents and wife. I can't tell you how nice it is to step out of 1983 and leave behind my (rarely functional) tapedeck.

Thanks to everybody who made it a great birthday! Hope to see you all soon, if I didn't spend the weekend with you.

No comments: