Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Random updates for you and you alone.

I felt like you guys deserved a blog update, even though I don't have much new stuff to say. I've actually been working crazy hard the past few days, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any time soon.

This weekend, I'll be celebrating my birthday a few days early with a crab boil. We tried it a few years back at a beach house and were more than happy with the results.

Work on the house continues at a steady pace. We actually have the inside looking like a real, lived-in home. The overgrown yard continues to be my Two Towers, but it's been surprisingly rewarding to rip out weed trees by the dozen. The real work begins this fall, when we prune back the trees and shrubs we want, rip out every piece of plant life in front of the house, plant all new stuff and repaint the exterior. I get tired just thinking about it.

We'll also be installing a wooden fence sometime soon, or at least as soon as we save up enough to buy one. Chances are we'll have that done around the time it's actually cool enough outside to leave Jonas in the yard all day without us being plagued by guilt.

Hope all is well with you all! And just as a bonus random note, this is my 199th post since opening Cafe Asteria. Woohoo! Let's hear it for artificial benchmarks!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Let me know when you start the outside work, and I'll try to come over and help. Don't worry, I'm not being nice. I want to practice before I try some of that stuff on my own house.

Christian said...

Happy birthday in advance.

We'll be down in Alabama at the end of the month... We'd love to see the new house if we get the chance.

Griner said...

To Darkie: That'd be great. Love to show it to you.

To Ms. Jackson If You're Nasty: Aug. 14.

Griner said...

Oh, and to Greg: Glad to hear you're not being nice. I like to know all the motives behind people helping prune my shrubs.