Thursday, August 31, 2006

Who needs firewood?

For those of you who stood in the shadow of the massive dead hickory tree in my front yard, you might be glad to know it's now only a memory.

A tree guy took down the monster yesterday, but he wouldn't remove the wood (for the price I was willing to pay him). So great big huge thanks to friend Greg for coming over before I even got off work to help clean up the mountains of debris. Amazingly, we got most of the yard cleared, although the city of Hoover will have a fun pile to pick up from the street.

I'll try to snag a photo of the dead-tree carnage and slap it up here before it (hopefully) gets hauled away.

So yeah, if you need firewood, now's the time to ask. We're going to have a few years' worth (although we put a lot of the good stuff by the curb, since we don't have much space to store it).

Not many other updates. I've finished a radio ad that should start airing soon on "youth" stations...probably The X in Birmingham and a few others.

I'm still plagued by poison ivy and will probably go in for a second steroid shot today. I feel like my arms are covered in ants. All day. It's great.

OK, back to being productive.

No comments: