Friday, August 04, 2006

Oh. My. God. I feel like a tweener at a boy-band festival.

From MTV, strangely enough:

It's been known for some time that Modest Mouse were working on their new album with former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, but what's news to us is the fact that Marr is now apparently a full-fledged member of the band. A spokesperson for the band's label, Epic Records, confirmed that Marr had joined Modest Mouse and will tour with them in support of their upcoming album, tentatively titled We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. The band (including Marr) recorded the new album at Sweet Tea studios in Mississippi, the same place the group recorded its breakout 2004 album, Good News for People Who Love Bad News. The new Modest Mouse LP is tentatively due this fall.


I almost forgive MTV for referring to "Good News" as a "breakout album." Almost.

OK, I admit I sound like a big weenie, but how cool is this?

No comments: